Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sean's a Teenager!

I'm posting 2 cards that were made for my girlfriend's son.  I can't believe he's 13 already!  I remember the day she told me she was pregnant because I really didn't think she would ever have any children.  When I was pregnant and carting my kids around everywhere, she pretty much stayed away...lol.  Her exact quote?  "Babies make me nauseous!  LOL   Well, turns out she's a wonderful mom and she is raising a wonderful son.


This  5 1/2' square card was inspired by a card I saw on Blue Mountain Cards.  With a little help from some of my coworkers, we came up with a half dozen "teen rules" customized to the birthday boy with the exception of one idea from Blue Mountain...it was a saying too good to pass up!  Cardstock colors are Marina Mist, Early Expresso, Soft Suede and Whisper White.  The lined paper is from Basic Gray with several miscellaneous dollar stamps on it stamped in Marina Mist.  "If teenagers ruled the world" was printed on the computer, the "13" is part of a Tim Holtz stamp, "happy birthday" is from Stampin' Up's set, "Plane & Simple" and the world is a stamp from Comotion.  I got a chance to use my newest Sizzix die from Stampin' Up and EK's spiral border punch.




This 3 x 6 card is for the same boy, but from my son.   My son is taking him to a Phillies game so I used Stampin' Up's "Home Run" set.  I used a background stamp (Sanded) from Stampin' Up using Sahara Sand ink on Sahara Sand cardstock.  The baseballs are also stamped in Sahara Sand.  "Birthday wishes" is stamped in Real Red and is from Stampin' Up's "So Happy for You" (hostess) set.  I added three red brads for balance and left the inside blank for a personal note.

No comments:

Post a Comment