Wednesday, March 2, 2011

So Many Birthdays!

March is a busy birthday month for me!  Luckily for me, I can do doubles of some cards because a lot of my birthday buddies don't know each other, i.e, co-workers, friends, stamping buddies, etc.  I've seen a lot of stampers use the scallop punch to make flowers.  I decided to try the Extra Large Fancy Flower punch from Stampin' Up instead of the scallop punch.  I punched 6 flowers, used one for the base and I softened the other 5 with my bone folder until the cardstock separated so I could peel the layers apart leaving me with 10 thin flowers.  But before I peeled the flowers apart, I crumpled each flower into a ball and opened them back up again.  The crumpled look makes the flower look more realistic.  After peeling the flowers apart, I put those 10 pieces of paper together (I flipped some of them over, too) turning the petals so they weren't all exactly in the same place, added the base flower and punched a hole in the middle and added a brad.  You can now put adhesive on the base and stick the flower to the card.  You can add leaves if you want.  I chose not to on this card.


Cardstock colors are Basic Grey (base), Early Expresso, Rose Red and Whisper White, all from Stampin' Up.  The designer paper is from an Asian pack of paper I have and I can't remember where the gray cordoroy brad is from.  "CELEBRATE YOU" is from Stampin' Up's "A Little Birthday Cheer" set.

No comments:

Post a Comment