Monday, February 28, 2011

Wine, Anyone?

Presidents' Day weekend I was invited on a girls' get together to the Seneca Lake, NY area for a wine tasting weekend.  We arrived Friday afternoon and the weather was beautiful, probably 60-65 degrees.  We ate dinner at a nice Italian restaurant and headed back to the hotel to start our weekend playing a drinking card game called, "Drinkmaster Says."  After the fire alarm went off at midnight (thanks to a group of high school kids staying at the hotel after the "senior dinner dance") we hit the sack.


And what did we wake up to on Saturday morning?  A blizzard!  Thank God, a driver had been arranged to drive us to all the wineries.  Rob took great care of us and we spent the entire afternoon tasting A LOT of different wines.  I'm not a wine drinker, but I did have fun tasting the different types of wines and each winery had their own "theme" which made it all the more fun.  I've decided I don't like the sweet wines, especially by the end of the day, they were almost sickening.  I definitely don't like the red wines, either.

Anyway, I'm always looking at stamping blogs, sites, etc. and I saw this card made by Bev W. before I went on the trip.  I knew I wanted to make this card to thank my friend for including me on the trip.  Bev's owl was holding a mug of beer but of course, I needed to have the wine glass.


My friend's favorite color is purple so I used Elegant Eggplant as the card base.  I used a woodgrain sheet of DP from Woodland Walk and sponged it with Early Expresso to make it a little darker.  The moon is sponged with Marina Mist and Early Expresso.  All the parts of the owl are part of one punch from Stampin' Up and the leaves are a punch also.  The wine glass is an Inkadinkado stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment