Thursday, February 17, 2011

My First Day

OK, I'm starting a blog.  Everyone's doing it, right?  I've always wanted to have a blog but feared that I wouldn't have enough to say.  I can honestly say the "stamping bug" has bitten me.  I was introduced to stamping about four years ago by my girlfriend.  She wanted to have a "Stampin' Up" party at my house because she lived on a busy road and didn't have enough parking for guests at her house.  I said OK but that I wouldn't be buying anything because I was a cross-stitcher and I didn't want a new hobby.  Little did I know that I would be sucked in to the world of rubber stamps and designer paper and I haven't looked back since.  She and I just laugh when we see all the stamping supplies we have accumulated over the past four years...and then we cry when we look at our bank accounts...LOL  And guess what?  I have not picked up cross-stitching in four years...LOL...maybe in my golden years, I'll get back to that hobby.

Since Valentine's Day was this week, I'll post the cards I made for my 3 children, a son and two daughters, and my Mom.


This card was for Mommasan.  Cardstock colors are Whisper White, Basic Black and Real Red from Stampin' Up.  The bird (red foil paper) and vine is a punch, also from Stampin' Up.  I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the panel behind the bird and another strip of white was punched with one of Martha Stewart's edge punches.  Ribbon by WalMart and "happy valentine's day" is from Stampin' Up's "Teeny Tiny Wishes" set.


I don't know why this pic is upside down.  Does anyone know how to fix that?  My son is 27 so I wanted to make a masculine valentine.  I had a sheet of designer paper for "Sons" and chose Marina Mist and Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin' Up) instead of traditional valentine colors.  The 3 different sized hearts are combined on one punch (Heart to Heart) from Stampin' Up also.  I punched the hearts out after I embossed a strip of Chocolate Chip with an embossing folder from Stampin' Up to give them a more rugged look.  Marina Mist is sponged on the wings on the watch and around the edges of the designer paper.  I chose to use the watch w/wings stamp (Stampers Anonymous) because of the sayings on the paper.  I cut the image out and popped it.

Photo removed


This card was for my oldest daughter and totally CASE'd from a very good friend.  I love the postcard stamp...I think it's Impression Obsession.  To give the card a vintage look I sponged Rich Razzleberry and on the DP and little envelope (I have a punch for that) and the postcard has Rich Razzleberry and Crushed Curry sponged on it also.  The bird stamp is from a set from Stampin' Up called "Carte Postale."  The colors of cardstock used are Rich Razzleberry and Very Vanilla and some miscellaneous DP, and ink colors used are Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry and Early Expresso.  In case you don't know, "MA FILLE" means "my daughter." 


This last card was for my youngest daughter.  We made this card at "Stampede", thanks to Maryanne.  Hearts were embossed on the white cardstock using a Cuttlebug folder.  There is no stamping on the front.  The pinwheel was made alternating small squares of DP.  Just gluing one corner of each square down enabled you to curl the other side up, making it look like a pinwheel.  The white cardstock, red glitter paper and the dotted paper are all from Stampin' Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment