Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stampede

A group of us get together once a month and have lunch and spend ALL DAY stamping.  Every month approximately 6 of us bring a card idea and all the supplies needed for everyone to make that card.  It's a wonderful day of laughing and creating.  Everyone also brings something to eat so we can keep our energy up...LOL

This month I'm only attaching my version of each idea, but next month I'll take a picture of everyone's version of one card.  It's funny how all our cards turn out different, even though we're all making the same card.


This first card was my Mom's idea.  Each of us had a different color card base, depending on what colors you used while sponging the clouds.  I chose pink to pick up the pink I used in the lower sky.  The stamp of the flowers almost looks like it was watercolored but it's just the effect I got using SU black ink on an acrylic stamp.  The dragonfly is a punch.


The horses on this card were stamped onto glossy white paper after the clouds were done.  I sponged a little brown around the horses hooves to ground them.  We added a piece of ripped paper (sponged on the edge) and stamped some grass and then added a piece of dark brown suede paper at the bottom.  I made a little lasso and used a large star brad.  Inside:  Hope you're back in the saddle soon!  Thanks for your idea, Louise!


Dawn came up with this idea.  It's not a standard-sized card (4 1/2 x 4 1/2) and has a tiny velcro closure.  The sides open and then the top and bottom opens.  I love the fall colors and the little squirrel.  Inside:  Happy Thanksgiving!


Louise's niece, Marie, was a guest at Stampede this month.  She was so much fun and fit in with all of us stampers.  Her card idea is called a "flip card."  When you open it, the middle section flips over.  Did you know you could use your paper cutter to make inside cuts?  It sure beats using an exacto knife!  We really hope Marie comes back again!



Margie had us create our own designer paper using several different stamps and inks.  We stamped everything on to one sheet of paper and then cut that paper into squares.  No need to buy designer paper when you can make your own, right?


And this was my card idea.  I saw a card with burlap in Paper Crafts magazine and really liked the idea.  I knew I had some burlap in my garden shed (LOL) and I used a couple different stamp sets from Raisin Boat.  Inside:  Seems like the years go 0-60 in 3.5 seconds!

I should have all the supplies listed for each card but I don't know what stamp sets, companies, etc. for each card.  I'll be more conscious of that next time I post everyone's cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment